Install TYPO3 via composer¶
The recommended way of installing TYPO3 is via Composer, as described on this page.
To create a new TYPO3 project use the TYPO3 Base Distribution:
# Download the Base Distribution, the latest "sprint" release (10) composer create-project typo3/cms-base-distribution YourNewProjectFolder
To install TYPO3 via the
composer command on Windows, it should be started as admin
or explicitly given the right to create symlinks (use for example a
powershell or git bash started with admin rights).
The caret character
^ is the escape character in a Windows command line (cmd.exe). To
be able to use it in version constraints, every occurance has to be escaped by adding a
^ or by enclosing the whole argument in double quotes
- composer create-project typo3/cms-base-distribution:^^9 YourNewProjectFolder
- composer create-project “typo3/cms-base-distribution:^9” YourNewProjectFolder
In *nix shells the Asterisk character
* has also a special meaning and has to be
properly escaped by surrounding double quotes
- composer create-project “typo3/cms-base-distribution:*” YourNewProjectFolder
- composer create-project typo3/cms-base-distribution YourNewProjectFolder “*”
composer create project ... executed, you should have the following folder structure:
. ├── .gitignore ├── composer.json ├── composer.lock ├── LICENSE ├── public ├── README.md ├── var └── vendor
Point the document root of your web server to the
If you do not want to use Composer, follow the package installation guide.