Sprint Jan 16-18, 2017¶
Rendered: 2021-07-22 19:08
How TYPO3 Documentation works¶
- A short introduction.
- In general: Documentation of a project start at PROJECT/Documentation/Index.rst
- Index.rst is a plain textfile. Can be edited and versioned with the same tools as code.
- We are using a markup called reStructuredText
- Public documentation project reside at Github
- Can be edited by everyone through the “Edit me on Github” procedure.
Wiki: Benefits and Problems¶
- gives a quick start
- later on it’s difficult for the authors to really improve
- there is no practical review and history
- for readers it’s hard to decide what’s still up to date
Plan about the Wiki¶
- so the plan is to move Wiki content to Git-versioned Documentation projects
- watch this successful example:
- this had been in the Wiki before
- mattes had this intermediate version: https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/drafts/
- Let me show you a practical example.
- At breakfast we talked about “Blueprints” in the Wiki
- How to set up OTRS to duplicate tickets to my email account?
- Get LDAP access
- Show Swagger
- Prepare more T3DocStarter projects