How to install all the T3O websites using Docker¶
On this page:
- Make sure Docker is working.
- Provide an SSL connection and a DNS. Use the nginx proxy to achieve this.
- Use the main docker environment (named “ter-docker-minimal”) of T3O GitLab.
- Log in to GitLab with your TYPO3 credentials.
- Make sure you have access the the T3O repositories at Gitlab. Ask a project administrator for admission.
~/.composer/as Composer home directory. Set the environment variable to do so:
Go to a local folder where you want to setup things, for example
Clone the Nginx-Proxy:
git clone https://github.com/torvitas/docker-nginx-proxy-configuration.git nginx-proxy
Start the Nginx-Proxy.
Clone the docker environment:
git clone https://[your typo3.org username]@git-t3o.typo3.org/t3o/ter-docker-minimal.git main-t3o
Catch up with the current development status:
Set up the docker container and the TYPO3 instances:
`make init up`
(thx @helhum for TYPO3 console)
At this point the basic installation should be up up and running.
If you don’t get a website connection, you need to add all websites to your /etc/hosts file:
127.0.0.1 t3o-typo3.dev.localhost 127.0.0.1 ter-typo3.dev.localhost 127.0.0.1 my-typo3.dev.localhost 127.0.0.1 solr-typo3.dev.localhost
- make up
- Starts all docker containers or recreates them after changes in
- make stop
- Stops all docker containers
- make down
- Destroys all DB data by removing the containers
- make clear-cache-[t3o|ter]
- Clears the cache by using TYPO3 console
- make update-system-[t3o|ter]
- Runs the commands
install:generatepackagestates 0 1,
Makefilein the root directory to learn about many useful commands.
- You can run
composerdirectly on your machine - but that may be an issue. Instead, run
composerdirectly in the Docker container.
- Which branches are used for what?
- The docker repository should always use the
masterbranch. T3O and TER use
developbranch for main development. Check Gitlab Workflows for more information.
- How do I update the system after pulling new changes?
- You can use the commands
make update-system-terto do composer install, generate package states file, update database and clear caches.