General Backend Structure¶
Here is a complete overview of the backend interface and its structure.
Situated in the center left of page is the page tree and to its right the (main) content area.
- Top bar (top)
- This gives you access to your user settings, logout, search etc.
- Module menu (left)
- This is the main menu of the TYPO3 CMS backend. It is divided into main modules (WEB, FILE, etc.) and their sub-modules.
- Page tree (middle)
- This can be used to browse through and select pages.
- Content area (right)
- This is where you can edit pages and content elements.
- Docheader (top)
- The docheader contains contextual icons including close, save and preview. It also features other information and a drop-down menu with further actions which will appear depending on what actions you are performing.
We will have a closer look at the individual parts in the next pages.