Use the versions 3.x for TYPO3 CMS 6.2 LTS and 4.x for TYPO3 CMS 7 LTS.
The extension needs to be installed as any other extension of TYPO3 CMS:
- Switch to the module “Extension Manager”.
- Get the extension
- Get it from the Extension Manager: Press the “Retrieve/Update” button and search for the extension key news and import the extension from the repository.
- Get it from typo3.org: You can always get current version from http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/news/current/ by downloading either the t3x or zip version. Upload the file afterwards in the Extension Manager.
- Use composer: Use composer require georgringer/news.
- The Extension Manager offers some basic configuration which is explained here.
Latest version from git¶
You can get the latest version from git by using the git command:
git clone git://git.typo3.org/TYPO3CMS/Extensions/news.git
The master branch supports TYPO3 CMS 7 only. Use the branch
6x if you are using TYPO3 CMS 6.2!
Preparation: Include static TypoScript¶
The extension ships some TypoScript code which needs to be included.
- Switch to the root page of your site.
- Switch to the Template module and select Info/Modify.
- Press the link Edit the whole template record and switch to the tab Includes.
- Select News (news) at the field Include static (from extensions):