The Top Bar¶
The top bar contains some information and additional menus.
- To the left is the icon for minimizing the Module Menu.
- You already met the next icon on the left. It is for collapsing the page tree.
- Moving on to the next icon, we have the TYPO3 CMS logo (which can be modified by an extension, as the Introduction Package does). Then comes the name of your site (this is part of global configuration, which is described later).
- The star icon will open a list of Bookmarks. Every time you see such an icon in the TYPO3 CMS backend, you can click on it and the current view will get saved to this list of bookmarks.
- The lightning bolt icon opens the Clear Cache menu to flush the various caches that are used by TYPO3 CMS to improve performance. Caches are described in detail in TYPO3 Explained:Caching framework.
- The question mark icon opens the Help menu, which gives access to various modules related to help and documentation.
- The next icon opens up a panel showing various information about the current system and TYPO3 CMS installation.
- The user name is displayed next. It opens a menu giving access to the "User Settings" module, where you can change your password and various preferences. Here is also the "Logout" button.
- Finally, we have a general "Search" field, which will search through all records (pages, content elements, users, etc.) existing in the current TYPO3 CMS installation.