- TYPO3 version 7.x (including TYPO3 v7 LTS)
- TYPO3 version 8.x (including TYPO3 v8 LTS)
- PHP version 5.5.x to 7.2.x
To run the SDK, your system will need to meet the minimum requirements:
- PHP >= 5.5.0
- OpenSSL PHP extension (to sign private Amazon CloudFront URLs)
It is also required to have an AWS account and appropriate access credentials (AWS Access Key and AWS Access Secret). In order to allow multiple TYPO3 extensions to use different AWS credentials, these details need to be configured in the extensions, not in EXT:aws_sdk_php.
Recommendations (Optimal Settings)¶
- cURL >= 7.16.2
- login as an administrator user at the TYPO3 backend
- open the Extension Manager and update the extension list if required
- search for extension key “aws_sdk_php”
- click the install icon next to the extension
Upgrade from Version 2.x¶
It is important to understand that there are significant differences between AWS SDK for PHP version 2 and version 3. It heavily depends on your code, how smooth a migration to version 3 is, but it is highly recommended to read the official Migration Guide <http://docs.aws.amazon.com/aws-sdk-php/v3/guide/guide/migration.html>, review and test your code, before deploying it in a production site.