This documentation is not using the current rendering mechanism and will be deleted by December 31st, 2020. The extension maintainer should switch to the new system. Details on how to use the rendering mechanism can be found here.
Create Calendar Categories¶
For organizational purposes, it is recommended that you create categories for your events. These categories can be attached either to one of the calendars or to all of them. Refer to Illustration 20.
- Category title: This is the only required field.
- Hide: Hiding the Category will hide the Category and all associated events.
- Header Style: You can assign each category a different colored bullet that precedes the events in the Month View and the Header colors in the Day and Week views. To use the out-of-the-box bullet colors, simply enter the corresponding style in the Header Style field:
Blue Bullets: default_catheader Green Bullets: green_catheader Grey Bullets: grey_catheader Orange Bullets: orange_catheader Pink Bullets: pink_catheader Red Bullets: red_catheader Yellow Bullets: yellow_catheader
- Body Style: You can assign each category a different colored “Busy Time” in the Day and Week views. To use the out-of-the-box Busy Time colors, simply enter the corresponding style in the Body Style field:
Blue: default_catbody Green: green_catbody Grey: grey_catbody Orange: orange_catbody Pink: pink_catbody Red: red_catbody Yellow: yellow_catbody
Note: If you would like to expand or change the color choices, you can do so by modifying the default style sheet (see Modifying the Default CSS).
options.tx_cal_controller.headerStyles = default_catheader=#557CA3,green_catheader=#53A062,orange_catheader=#E84F25,pink_catheader=#B257A2,red_catheader=#D42020,yellow_catheader=#B88F0B,grey_catheader=#73738C options.tx_cal_controller.bodyStyles = default_catbody=#6699CC,green_catbody=#4FC464,orange_catbody=#FF6D3B,pink_catbody=#EA62D4,red_catbody=#FF5E56,yellow_catbody=#CCB21F,grey_catbody=#9292A1'
The syntax is: “css_style=color”
As a result, you’ll get a drop down box, to choose the according color.
- Calendar: Determines which calendar you want to display this category. By limiting the category to a specific calendar, you can limit users or usergroups who can view the category’s events (see Using Multiple Calendars in the Advanced section).
- Parent category: This is an optional field that is only available when the Nested Categories option is selected in the Configuration form (see Calendar Base Configuration). This option allows you to create the category as a sub-category if you choose. Simply click on the Item you want the category to be associated with.
- Allow shared user to select this category: When enabled, a corresponding check box will appear with each category in the Legend box that allows Frontend users to hide or view particular categories. Events that are not associated with any category will appear in the Frontend regardless of the Frontend Category options selected.