This documentation is not using the current rendering mechanism and is probably outdated. The extension maintainer should switch to the new system. Details on how to use the rendering mechanism can be found here.
The debug log¶
When the debug options are enabled queries are logged to a table including various details. You can use the "DBAL debug" backend module to view the log:
Above the table you see a few items to click on:
- FLUSH LOG clears the logging table.
- JOINS shows you the logged table joins, if that feature has been enabled.
- ERRORS shows just the entries that caused an error.
- PARSING shows the results of the SQL parsing check, if that feature has been enabled.
- LOG is what you see when you enter the module.
- WHERE shows a log of all WHERE-clauses. This may be used to optimize the database structure or spot performance bottlenecks.
The main log table shows you when how many queries where executed from what script in how much time. If an error occurred, this is noted as well. If you click on the script name, you'll get a list of all queries to help you with debugging.
To aid in debugging problems with null value comparisons '', IS NULL and IS NOT NULL are highlighted in the log and where views in red and green respectively. This indicates no error in itself, so don't worry too much about it.