This documentation is not using the current rendering mechanism and is probably outdated. The extension maintainer should switch to the new system. Details on how to use the rendering mechanism can be found here.
Configure the extend of a domain model¶
Basicly extending is very simple from the configuration perspective. It consist of a line to be added to the ext_localconf.php in the extension that wants to extend a domain model.
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['EXTKEY1']['extender']['CLASSNAME']['EXTKEY2'] = 'EXT:EXTKEY2/Classes/Domain/Model/CLASSNAME.php'; $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['EXTKEY1']['extender']['CLASSNAME']['EXTKEY2'] = 'Domain/Model/SingleModel';
- EXTKEY1 - extension key of the extension in which the domain model should be extended
- EXTKEY2 - extension key of the extension in which the extending domain model resides
- CLASSNAME - classname of the domain model to be extended including the complete namespace
- Assigned path - either a complete path prepended with EXT: to the file relative from typo3conf/ext Example: ‘EXT:news_extended/Classes/Domain/Model/MyExtendingModell.php’ Result: PATH_site . ‘typo3conf/ext/news_extended/Classes/Domain/Model/MyExtendingModell.php’
- Assigned path - or a relative path to the extending extensions. This will be prepended with Classes/Extending/ and appended with .php Example: ‘Domain/Model/MyExtendingModell’ Result: PATH_site . ‘typo3conf/ext/news_extended/Classes/Extending/Domain/Model/MyExtendingModell.php’
Because extbase is very strict in the coding guideline thats basicly it. As long as the domain model are found in the corresponding pathes and the classname equals the filename nothing else need to be configured.
The second extension key is not required but advised to prevent colliding multiple extends of one domain model.
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['store_finder']['extender'][ \Evoweb\StoreFinder\Domain\Model\Location::class ]['sitepackage'] = \Cp\CpDesign\Domain\Model\Location::class;
In this example the store_finder is the extension and EvowebStoreFinderDomainModelLocation the model to extend. Concluding that sitepackage is the extension and CpCpDesignDomainModelLocation the model extending it.