EXT:gravatar AvatarProvider for Gravatar support in TYPO3 backend¶
Since TYPO3 7.4 there is avatar support in the back-end of TYPO3 CMS. An "avatar" is an image that represents you online, a little picture that appears next to your name on various places in the back-end of the CMS.
What is Gravatar?
A Gravatar is a Globally Recognized Avatar. You upload it and create your profile just once, and then when you participate in any Gravatar-enabled site, your Gravatar image will automatically follow you there. Gravatar is a free service for site owners, developers, and users. For more info visit: https://nl.gravatar.com.
Install extension and that's it. Gravatar support is enabled for BE users with an email address set and no avatar image.
By default Gravatar is only used when a user hasn't an avatar image linked to his account an email address set. But optional the email address check can be disabled so also BE users without email address set can get a generated image provided by Gravatar.
How to use:
Download and install gravatar in the extension manager Or use composer composer require minifranske/gravatar and install extension in the extension manager
Optional (by default the Gravatar service is now enabled and will be used for BE users without avatar image and with email address set):
Set a fallback behaviour through extensions configuration (see extension manager)
- Supports all fallback options provided by Gravatar.com see https://www.gravatar.com/site/implement/images/
- mm: (mystery-man) a simple, cartoon-style silhouetted outline of a person (does not vary by email hash)
- identicon: a geometric pattern based on an email hash
- monsterid: a generated 'monster' with different colors, faces, etc
- wavatar: generated faces with differing features and backgrounds
- retro: awesome generated, 8-bit arcade-style pixelated faces
- blank: a transparent PNG image
- Can also be used to show generated Gravatar image for BE users without email address
- Proxy for Gravatar images: Instead of generating images which point to Gravatars-servers, use a proxy.
This improves privacy a bit, because your users will not request the images directly from Gravatar. Note: Gravatar will still receive the hashed email addresses. This feature is disabled by default and can be enabled in extension configuration with privacy.useProxy.
- TYPO3 >= 7.5