This documentation is not using the current rendering mechanism and will be deleted by December 31st, 2020. The extension maintainer should switch to the new system. Details on how to use the rendering mechanism can be found here.
- import and install the extension
- configure extension in Extension Manager
- include static template “Open Graph protocol”
- use the Constant-Editor to edit the global Open Graph properties
- use the page-settings for setting the local Open Graph properties
Since version 1.2.2 you are able to control the localization mode of each field.
By default localized pages do not inherit fields from default language if they are empty/blank. If you want to enable this behavior, configure extension jh_opengraphprotocol and set “>FieldToInheritFromDefaultLanguage< mergeIfNotBlank”.
Some extension versions requires some special attention when updating. Please read the introductions carefully and follow each step.
Skips tx_jhopengraphprotocol for single news view, as EXT:news adds dedicated og-properties.
In version 1.1.0 the related media files for meta tag “og:image” has been moved to FAL.
To migrate existing relations follow these steps:
Go to Install tool
Open Upgrade Wizard
Execute “Migrate file relations of EXT:jh_opengraphprotocol”
Migration has been done and FAL related images will be used
Since version 1.1.0 the template “Open Graph protocol v0.3.0” is not provided anymore. Please respect 1.0.0 breaking changes below, when updating.
With version 1.0.0 some changes has been done. To still provide the old behavior, functionalities and support TYPO3 CMS 4.5 the old code is available through template “Open Graph protocol v0.3.0”.
If you use a TYPO3 CMS installation at version 4.5 or 4.7 nothing changed except the included template title (now “Open Graph protocol v0.3.0”)
If you use a TYPO3 CMS installation at version 6.0 to 6.1 you could still use the included template “Open Graph protocol v0.3.0”, and everything works as in past.
Breaking changes apply to two cases:
- You updated your TYPO3 CMS installation to version 6.2: you will need to re-include the template “Open Graph protocol”
- You removed the included template “Open Graph protocol v0.3.0” and add the new template “Open Graph protocol v0.3.0” in TYPO3 CMS version 6.0 to 6.1.
In these both cases you may respect some breaking changes:
- Constants changed from “plugin.jh_opengraphprotocol” to “plugin.tx_jhopengraphprotocol”
- Constant “plugin.tx_jhopengraphprotocol.title” has been removed. There is no sense of a global title.
- Constants default of Open Graph property “plugin.tx_jhopengraphprotocol.type” has been set to “website”
- Priority of Open Graph property “title” has changed (see chapter “Users manual” → “Operating Instructions”)