This documentation is not using the current rendering mechanism and will be deleted by December 31st, 2020. The extension maintainer should switch to the new system. Details on how to use the rendering mechanism can be found here.
Use the versions 3.x for TYPO3 CMS 6.2 LTS and 4.x for TYPO3 CMS 7 LTS.
The extension needs to be installed as any other extension of TYPO3 CMS:
- Switch to the module “Extension Manager”.
- Get the extension
- Get it from the Extension Manager: Press the “Retrieve/Update” button and search for the extension key news and import the extension from the repository.
- Get it from typo3.org: You can always get current version from http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/news/current/ by downloading either the t3x or zip version. Upload the file afterwards in the Extension Manager.
- Use composer: Use composer require georgringer/news.
- The Extension Manager offers some basic configuration which is explained here.
Latest version from git¶
You can get the latest version from git by using the git command:
git clone git://git.typo3.org/TYPO3CMS/Extensions/news.git
The master branch supports TYPO3 CMS 7 only. Use the branch
6x if you are using TYPO3 CMS 6.2!
Preparation: Include static TypoScript¶
The extension ships some TypoScript code which needs to be included.
- Switch to the root page of your site.
- Switch to the Template module and select Info/Modify.
- Press the link Edit the whole template record and switch to the tab Includes.
- Select News (news) at the field Include static (from extensions):