This documentation is not using the current rendering mechanism and is probably outdated. The extension maintainer should switch to the new system. Details on how to use the rendering mechanism can be found here.
Extension configuration variables¶
The Extension Manager installation dialog allows to set the following extension configuration variables:
- Default configuration settings: let you choose a set of default Page TSconfig and User TSconfig settings; select Typical (Most commonly used features are enabled. Select this option if you are unsure which one to use.) for the typical site requirements; select Minimal (Most features disabled. Administrator needs to enable them using TypoScript. For advanced administrators only.) for minimal settings; select Demo (Show-off configuration. Includes pre- configured styles. Not for production environments.) to explore some of the available features; default value is Typical;
- Enable images in the RTE : if this boolean variable is set, the use of images in the "Minimal" or the "Typical" default configuration of the RTE will be enabled; default value is 0;
- Enable additional inline elements: If set, the potential use of additional inline elements will be enabled; default value is 0;
- Enable features that use the style attribute : If set, the potential use of features that use the style attribute (color, fontstyle, fontsize) will be enabled; default value is 1;
- Enable links accessibility icons : if this boolean variable is set, accessibility icons may be added to links; default value is 0; see Page TSconfig property RTE.classesAnchor;
- Enable compressed scripts: if this boolean variable is set, editor scripts are compressed; default value is 1.
If the SpellChecker is not enabled, then the remaining configuration variables are irrelevant; note that if extension static_info_tables is not installed, SpellCheker will not be enabled.
- No spell checking languages : the list of languages for which Aspell does not provide spell checking (see Unsupported Languages ) and for which the Spell Checker feature will therefore be disabled (not shown in the RTE tool bar); default value is 'ja, km, ko, lo, th, zh, b5, gb';
- Aspell directory: the server directory in which Aspell is installed; default value is "/usr/bin/aspell";
- Force Aspell command mode: if this boolean variable is set,the Aspell command interface will be used; this may be useful when PHP is compiled with pspell, but with an old version of Aspell, and a newer version is available in another directory; default value is 0.