This documentation is not using the current rendering mechanism and will be deleted by December 31st, 2020. The extension maintainer should switch to the new system. Details on how to use the rendering mechanism can be found here.
You can set up to six different prices for each event: a “standard price” and a “special” price, e.g. for students and people on the job (each of them can also be saved as an early bird price). In addition, there a two prices including full boarding (“regular” and “special”). In the registration form, the user can select the price to pay.
Events for free: In the single view, the standard price always gets displayed (even if it is 0.00), while the special price only gets displayed if it is not 0.00. This means that if you need to enter a price that is 0.00 (eg. as a special discount), you need to enter this as the standard price and enter the non-zero price as the special price even if the non-free price technically is the standard price.
The early bird prices will only have an effect if you also define an early bird deadline (until when these prices are valid). If no early bird price is set or the deadline has already passed by, these prices won’t be visible in the front end.
If you have only one price per seminar, you can configure the list view to not display the special price column (look in the reference for details). In addition, you might want to set some of the following options to just display “price” instead of “standard price”:
- For the front-end view:
- For the e-mails to the attendees:
If you have two prices for some or all seminars, you can change the default labels “regular price” and “special price”, e.g. to “Adults” and “Children”. You can change them using these variables:
- For the front-end list view and detail view:
- plugin.tx_seminars_pi1._LOCAL_LANG. language .label_price_regular / price_regular_early / price_regular_board / price_special / price_special_early / price_special_board
- For the e-mails to the attendees and the drop-down box in the
- plugin.tx_seminars._LOCAL_LANG. language .label_price_regular / price_regular_early / price_regular_board / price_special / price_special_early / price_special_board
Replace “ language ” with your two-letter language code if you use a language other than English, e.g. “de” for German. Use “default” as language code for English.