This documentation is not using the current rendering mechanism and will be deleted by December 31st, 2020. The extension maintainer should switch to the new system. Details on how to use the rendering mechanism can be found here.
Changing the localized strings¶
You can change most of the localized strings that are used on the front end and for the e-mails. (The localized strings for the back end cannot be changed.)
When you want to change some strings, please don’t change locallang.xlf directly as these changes would get overwritten on the next update. Instead, do it like this:
- Find out the language code of the language for which you’d like to change a string. The language code for English is “default” and the language code for German is “de.” All other languages have two-letter codes as well.
- Find out whether the string which you’d like to change is in locallang.xlf or FrontEnd/locallang.xlf.
- Find out the array key for that corresponding string.
- In your TS setup, set the following (replacing language with your language code and key with the corresponding array key):
- plugin.tx_seminars._LOCAL_LANG. language.key (for strings from locallang.xlf) or
- plugin.tx_seminars_pi1._LOCAL_LANG. language.key (for strings from FrontEnd/locallang.xlf)