You don’t need to enter the needed gridelements manually :) but half automatically.
- Add a folder for grid layouts. For example
- Grid Layouts
- Create backend layouts (use it only, if your table tx_gridelements_backend_layout is empty!)
- edit typo3conf/ext/start/ext_tables_static+adt.sql
- replace ‘xyz’ with the page id of your folder “backend layouts” from above
- Copy the SQL statements from the file and paste it into PhpMyAdmin
- Send the SQL statements
- Create backend layouts icons
- Copy the icons to the tx_gridelements folder in uploads:
cp -aR typo3conf/ext/start/Resources/Public/uploads/tx_gridelements/* uploads/tx_gridelements/
Check the content of your folder “backend layouts”. It should contain 8 backend layouts.
The needed extension Gridelements 8.x isn’t published in the TER currently.
You must download it from the Git-repository at