Welcome to the official TYPO3 Documentation¶
TYPO3 CMS is an Open Source Enterprise Content Management System powered by PHP.
Getting Started with TYPO3¶
- Follow the quick installation guide to install TYPO3 using Composer.
- The Getting Started Tutorial introduces you to TYPO3’s backend - the interface used for managing content and configuring your TYPO3 installation.
- Add a domain, set up languages and configure URL handling with the site configuration tutorial.
Contribute to the core
Contribute to official documentation
You are welcome to click on the “Edit on GitHub” button on any page to propose a change in the official documentation whenever you see something that you think can be improved.
- The blog post Start Improving Docs Now to Grow TYPO3 gives a good introduction to documentation contribution.
- Contribute to the TYPO3 documentation explains the workflow for contributing.
- The documentation is edited in text files using reStructuredText syntax. Use the reST & Sphinx cheat sheet to lookup most commonly used directives.
- General conventions can be found in Documentation content style guide
- How You Can Help lists some general tasks to get you started.