Links to files that were detected as broken by the system extension
linkvalidator are now marked accordingly in the RTE via
Those links are now marked with extra markup (yellow background with
red border) in RTE.
The procedure for marking the broken links in the RTE is as follow:
- RTE content is fetched from the database. Before it is displayed in
the edit form, RTE transformations are performed.
- The transformation function parses the text and detects links.
- For each link, a new PSR-14 event is dispatched.
- If a listener is attached, it may set the link as broken and will set
the link as “checked”.
- If a link is detected as broken, RTE will mark it as broken.
The implementation for checking file links is supplied by the system
Other extensions can use the event to override the default behaviour.
The behaviour stays the same as before unless the system extension
linkvalidator is installed and regularly checks for broken file links, those
links will be marked in the RTE.
linkvalidator is used, it is recommended to use the scheduler to regularly
check for broken links.