Other Options ¶
This chapter presents a few more, miscellaneous options for backend users and groups.
Backend Users ¶
- Default language
This is the language in which the backend will be localized for the user. The users can change the language themselves in the User Settings module.
Language packs must be downloaded using the ADMIN TOOLS > Languages module. As long as the language packs are not available, the backend will still display in English.
- Fileoperation permissions
- This is a complement to the File Mounts and defines exactly which operations the user is allowed to perform on both files and folders.
- Access options
- A backend user can be disabled (first flag in the “General” tab). A disabled user cannot log into the backend anymore. Furthermore, in the “Access” tab a start and end time can be given, defining a time interval during which the user will be allowed to log into the backend. Authentication before the start time and after the end time will automatically fail.
- Lock to domain
- This setting constrains the user to use a specific domain for logging into the TYPO3 CMS backend. This is very useful in setups with multiple sites.
Backend Groups ¶
- Setting this flag will immediately disable the group for all members
- Lock to domain
- This restricts a group to a given domain. If a user logs in from another domain, that group membership will be ignored.
- Hide in lists
- This flag will prevent the group from appearing in various listings in TYPO3 CMS. This includes modules like SYSTEM > Access .
- Inherit settings from groups (Sub Groups)
- Assigns sub-groups to this group. Sub-groups are evaluated before the group including them. If a user is a member of a group which includes one or more sub-groups, the user will also be a member of the sub-groups.