We are using feature branches and merge requests to push changes. Here we present a short documentation about the workflow.
- WIP = Work In Progress
- MR = Merge Request
- Log in to GitLab.
- If you don’t have access to the t3o project, ask one of the masters.
- Look into the different repositories. Priorities are:
- Testing and reviewing open merge requests
- Solving issues
- Creating issues
- If you have found a MR or issue, assign it to you.
- Grab an issue and assign it to yourself.
- Click on the green button on the right to create a merge request. It is WIP (Work In Progress) by default if it’s not done yet.
- Go to your local repository and do
git fetch`. Now you should see the new branch with the number of your issue.
- Switch to the branch.
- You can do small commits and push them.
- Every commit will be listed in the MR
- Create a MR thereby removing the “WIP:” from the title.
Merge Request Workflow¶
- Grab a MR and assign it to yourself.
- Review the code.
- Test the code locally.
- Everything is okay? Only then do the merge!
- Something isn’t perfect? You want the code to be improved first? Then assign it back to the owner again.