The Top Bar¶
The top bar features a set of menus that allow you to quickly carry out common administrative tasks.
The top bar also contains specific information about your instance of TYPO3 including the name of your site and also the version of TYPO3 it is currently running.
- To the left is the icon for minimizing the Module Menu.
- You already met the next icon on the left. It is for collapsing the page tree.
- Moving on to the next icon, we have the TYPO3 CMS logo (which may have been modified by an extension). Then comes the name of your site. This is part of global configuration, which is described later.
- The star icon will open a list of Bookmarks. Every time you see this icon in the TYPO3 backend, you can click on it and the current view will get saved to this list of bookmarks.
- The lightning bolt icon opens the Clear Cache menu to flush the various caches that are used by TYPO3 CMS to improve performance. Caches are described in detail in TYPO3 Explained:Caching Framework.
- The question mark icon opens the Help menu, which gives you access to helper modules and additional support documentation.
- The next icon opens up a panel showing various information about the environment.
- Your user name is displayed next. It opens a menu giving access to the “User Settings” module, where you can change your password and configure other backend preferences. You can also “Logout” of the CMS from this menu option.
- At the far right, is general “Search” field, which will search through records (pages, content elements, users, etc.) that exist within your installation of TYPO3.