Create some initial content¶
Recommended page structure¶
Create at least the following pages:
- “Home”: Root page of the site, containing the root TypoScript template record and the start page content: Normal page.
- “News Storage”: A folder to store the news in: Folder
Usually you will also need
- “News list”: A list page to display all news on: Normal page
- “News display”: A single page to display the news detail view on: Normal page, hidden in menu
Your page tree could, for example look like that:
Home ├── Some page ├── ... ├── News list │ └── News display ├── ... └── Storage ├── Other storage ├── ... └── News Storage
Create news records¶
Before any news record can be shown in the frontend those need to be created.
- Go to the module Web > News administration
- Go to the “News Storage” Folder that you created in the first step.
- Use the icon in the topbar Create new news record.
- Fill out all desired fields and click Save.
Add plugins: display the news in the frontend¶
A plugin is used to render a defined selection of records in the frontend. Follow these steps to add a plugin respectively for detail and list view to a page:
- Go to module Web > Page and to the previously created page “News display”.
- Add a new content element and select the entry Plugins > News system.
- Switch to the tab Plugin where you can define the plugins settings.
The most important settings are What to display and Startingpoint.
- Change the 1 st select box What to display to Detail view.
- Save the plugin.
Go to module Web > Page and to the previously created page “News list”.
Add a new content element and select the entry Plugins > News system.
Switch to the tab Plugin where you can define the plugins settings. The most important settings are What to display and Startingpoint.
The selected view is already List view. This is fine.
Fill the field Startingpoint by selecting the sysfolder you created in the beginning of the tutorial.
Switch to tab Additional and fill the field PageId for single news display with the page you just created before.
Save the plugin.
Read more about the plugin configuration in chapter Plugin.