Upgrade Wizard: media to text & media¶
|Description:||Upgrade TYPO3 6.2 CType media to 8.7 text & media|
|Keywords:||ctype, media, text & media|
|Author:||Dirk Wildt (verdigado eG)|
|License:||This document is published under the Open Publication License available from http://www.opencontent.org/openpub/|
The content of this document is related to TYPO3, a GNU/GPL CMS/Framework available from www.typo3.org.
Report of this upgrade wizard
What does it do?¶
This extension extends the Upgrade Wizard with a job, which migrates the CType media from TYPO3 6.2 to text & media in TYPO3 8.7. It
- extracts the video uid of the given video url
- creates a file with this uid
- inserts a record in sys_file
- inserts a record in sys_file_reference
- update the tt_content record
- prepend the old XML data to the field rowDescription (note) of each record.
Vimeo, youtube and local files only¶
The extenion can handle vimeo, youtube and local files only. Why?
External videos are managed by a file record by the TYPO3 API. The API is prepared for the providers vimeo and youtube only. Local files doensn’t need the video management for external files.
It is recommended to enable the option “Show database queries performed” to get a detailed report. It contains:
- the result of off success- and warning-actions
- warnings, if rocords can handled
- all database queries
Sample for warnings
- [WARNING 377] CType: media. Page 95191 with element 437450: URL is empty.
- [WARNING 382] CType: media. Page 56696 with element 660305 contains the string “iframe”: <iframe width=”560” height=”315” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/T5h1uALnOiA?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0” frameborder=”0” allowfullscreen></iframe> That isn’t proper.
- [WARNING 408] CType: media. Page 109881 with element 316064: mmType is audio and couldn’t handled.
- Vimeo and youtube files will stored at _all/Videos in the file storage with the uid 1. This is usuallay /fileadmin.
- Vimeo and youtube files will get the name pid_uid.vimeo or pid_uid.youtube
- Pid is the page id and uid the uid of the current content element.
If you like to test the migration in dry mode, please set DEV_DRY to true at Classes/Install/Updates/Mediatotextmedia.php
const DEV_DRY = false; // if true, you will get a report only. Neither database update will done nor files will written