Deprecation: #60574 - Client Related Conditions¶
See Issue #60574
Conditions that depend on client details are unlovely for a number of reasons:
- Per condition or permutation of conditions that matches, the frontend creates a different cache entry. This can lead to a very high number of cache entrys per page
- Conditions based on browser or clients on server side are bad practice.
- The device information in the core is outdated (for example it is possible to match "AMIGA")
- Setups like reverse proxies give additional headaches with these types of conditions
- All client related condition types are deprecated with this patch.
Usage of client related TypoScript conditions will result in a deprecation log message. Client related conditions are browser, version, system and useragent.
Installations using TypoScript conditions for browser, version, system or useragent.
- Most usual conditions for specific browsers can nowadays be turned into conditional CSS includes
- Use libraries such as modernizr for browser support
- If conditions for specific clients or devices are still needed, they should be done with a userFunc condition and a project like WURFL that keep the device information more recent than the current core code like matching AMIGA