This documentation is not using the current rendering mechanism and is probably outdated. The extension maintainer should switch to the new system. Details on how to use the rendering mechanism can be found here.
Import and install the newest version of this extension from TYPO3 Extension Repository (TER).
The configuration is done in the extension configuration of "Extension Manager".
- enableBackend: Enable login limit for Backend.
- enableFrontend: Enable login limit for Frontend.
- enableCleanUpAtLogin: Enable clean up expired entries at login, alternatively a scheduler task can be set-up.
- delayLogin: Every failed login attempt delays login for 1 second. Max. 10 seconds.
- findtime: Time frame (in seconds) to look for failed login attempts.
- maxretry: Number of failed login attempts within findtime causing a ban for bantime.
- bantime: Duration (in seconds) to be banned for. Negative number for "permanent" ban.
Add scheduler task¶
First of all please make sure that you have installed and set-up the extension "scheduler" properly. Therefore the "Setup check" is provided in the module "Scheduler".
In module "Scheduler" add a new task, select "Extbase CommandController Task" as "Class", set desired "Frequency" and select "Loginlimit Task: cleanUp" as "CommandController Command".
If clean-up is done through scheduler task, the option "enableCleanUpAtLogin" in extension configuration should be disabled.