Finding more information¶
The most authoritative and most current reference for TYPO3 Fluid information is, of course, the TYPO3 CMS source code itself.
Here are some source code folders and files you may find useful.
TYPO3 CMS source code also includes Fluid examples you may find useful.
The [ https://api.typo3.org/ ] website provides an applications programming interface (API) viewer that can help you navigate parts of the TYPO3 CMS source code. Once you choose the TYPO3 CMS version, here are some navigation paths that may be useful.
Classes > TYPO3 > CMS > Fluid
Classes > TYPO3 > CMS > FluidStyledContent
Classes > TYPO3 > CMS > Frontend > ContentObject > FluidTemplateContentObject
There is a centralized documentation library at https://docs.typo3.org containing links to tutorials, guides, reference manuals and code snippets.
These are the potentially useful manuals we will be referring to:
- TypoScript in 45 Minutes: This is an introductory tutorial to TypoScript Templating
- TypoScript Syntax in the manual “TYPO3 Explained” walks you through everything you need to know about the TypoScript syntax
- TypoScript Template Reference
- Developing TYPO3 Extensions with Extbase and Fluid This is a resource for developing extensions using Extbase and Fluid. The part about Extbase will not be relevant for you when creating a site template, but you might find useful information in the Fluid section Styling the Output With Fluid. Do note that this manual has a different scope, as the Fluid here is used for generating output for Plugins.
- cObject (ViewHelper Reference)
- Moving Repeating Snippets To Partials (“Developing TYPO3 Extensions with Extbase and Fluid”)
- Creating A Consistent Look And Feel With Layouts (“Developing TYPO3 Extensions with Extbase and Fluid”)
- TYPO3/Fluid: doc, especially the
- TypoScript Syntax (TYPO3 Explained)
- TypoScript syntax: conditions (TYPO3 Explained)
- FLUIDTEMPLATE (TypoScript Reference)
- HMENU (TypoScript Reference)
- special = rootline (TypoScript Reference)
- function: if (TypoScript in 45 Minutes), see also if in “TypoScript Reference”
- PAGE & page (TypoScript Reference)
TYPO3 has an official YouTube channel.
You can find helpful videos about TYPO3 there, but not very much about templating on a beginner level.
A video that may be useful:
2017-11-10 Tutorial - Site Packages - Part 1 by Mathias Schreiber
Other than the docs.typo3.org references, you can find additional information by searching the Web. For example, try a search phrase such as [ typo3 fluid ] on a popular video website. If you have a specific problem, think of key words or concepts to use in a search phrase. While writing this tutorial, Web searches led to these specific references.
Lastly, after searching to find information already published, you may want to ask the TYPO3 community.
You can get information about where to get help on https://typo3.org/help.
Specifically, choose one of these options:
The TYPO3 wiki [ https://wiki.typo3.org/T3Doc/Fluidtemplate_by_example ] page was fundamental to starting the work leading to this tutorial.
The following Web search results contributed directly to the tutorial’s final template design.
[ https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27052098/how-do-i-check-for-column-content-in-a-typo3-fluid-template ], answer by lorenz on 2014-11-27 14:14.
[ https://forum.typo3.org/index.php/t/189892/ ], comment from Claus Due on 2012-06-20 21:24.
[ https://forge.typo3.org/issues/34152 ], comment #31 by Ernesto Baschny.
[ https://wiki.typo3.org/Fluid_Inline_Notation ], example showing backslashed single quotes.