The ulog logging framework is used to handle logs. It is a highly configurable and extendable logger.
Persist log record on Typo3 server is not implemented yet.
Following log levels exists:
- error : Used if an exception occured and the normal handling failed.
- warn: Also used if an exception occured, but the normal handling can be done.
- info: Used if an state change occured like an event (eg. mouse click)
- log: Used if an point of interesse is reached like the an array to loop.
- debug: Used if an calculation happend.
- trace (Not implemented yet): Used if an function get called and end. Only useful to record the call chains.
There are some special log levels only used to configure ulog:
- none: No logs get selected
- all: Normaly it is like trace. But if ulog log levels get extended it is much more save to use all.
Hint: The log level during log selection in configuration are chained. Use warn log level does indirectly also select error logs.
Configuration can be done as URL parameter or/and as localStorage item. There are follwing configuration options:
- log: The main setting to control logger’s levels with
- log_output: To configure the output of the output channel, where logging should go
- log_drain: To configure the output of the drain channel
More details can be found at: https://ulog.js.org/#configure
<config_option> = <config> [; <config>] … Configuration options can have more than one configuration entry:
<config> := [ <filter> = ] <value> Configuration entry have a value and a filter to select the loggers to apply the config: Hint: If no filter or a wildcard is set, the config is used as default config.
<filter> := <RegEx> [ , [ - ] <RegEx> ] … The filter is a list of RegEx with option to add or substract loggers from the selection set:
- in log the <value> is a log level
- in log_<channel_name> the <value> is one or more output
With URL parameters:
- to log in general info level: ?log=info (Technically, this is equals to: ?log=*=info.)
- To log widgets in debug and the rest in info mode: ?log=info;FEditing:Component:Widget:*=debug
- To print and persist log in output channel: ?log_ouput=console persist
- To print logs in general and persist logs from widgets in output channel: ?log_ouput=console;FEditing:Component:Widget:*=console persist
- To print logs in general and only persist logs from widgets in output channel: ?log_ouput=console;FEditing:Component:Widget:*=persist
By default there are two outputs:
- console: default browser console
- noop: No operation function, used to prevent log in drain channel
By default there are two channels:
- output: Used if log configuration is matching. eg. log=info and logRecord.level is smaller than info.
- drain: Opposite to output channel. Used to have the opportunity to handle this log records to like persist in indexedDB.
There are two extensions as AMD available to use:
- TYPO3/CMS/FrontendEditing/Utils/LoggerPersist Add two output Persist, Server and a new channel highorder
- TYPO3/CMS/FrontendEditing/Utils/LoggerWindowError Register window error handlers to log them with a logger.
There are two new configuration options:
- highorder_log: The main setting to control highorder channel selection. Hint: Analog to the log option and the output channel
- log_highorder: To configure the output of the highorder channel, where logging should go