The extension needs to be installed as any other extension of TYPO3 CMS.
Perform the following steps:
- Load and install the extension.
- Include the static template Speaking URL fragments (anchors) (content_slug) into your TypoScript template.
- Add permissions for the new
tx_content_slug_linkfor your editors.
- Customize the Fluid templates, if necessary.
Get the extension¶
- Use the Extension Manager: Select “Get extensions”. Press the “Update now” button and search for the extension key content_slug. Download the latest version by using the Import button, or click on the extension’s title to download a version of your choice.
- Get it from typo3.org: You can download a version’s ZIP archive from https://extensions.typo3.org/extension/content_slug. Afterwards, upload the file in the Extension Manager.
- Use composer: Use
composer require sebkln/content-slug
You can also get the latest dev-master version from GitHub by using the command line:
git clone https://github.com/sebkln/content_slug.git
Include the static TypoScript template¶
The extension ships some TypoScript code which needs to be included.
- Switch to the root page of your website.
- Open the Template record.
- Switch to the Includes tab of the template record.
- Select “Speaking URL fragments (anchors) (content_slug)” in the field Include static (from extensions). It must be loaded after the static template “Fluid Content Elements (fluid_styled_content)”!
This extension extends EXT:fluid_styled_content and therefore provides customized Fluid templates.
If you already customized the same Fluid templates for your website, you’ll need to extend your version with some new variables and viewhelpers.