“Speaking URLs” are a must-have feature for web pages. TYPO3 v9 and newer provide the Routing feature for this, former TYPO3 versions needed the third-party extensions RealURL or CoolUri.
TYPO3 also provides the navigational content elements “Section menu” and “Section index of subpages from selected pages”, which will build a list of pages and their included content elements.
These content elements will be linked by their unique id, e.g.:
It’s working well, but it’s not human-readable.
What does it do?¶
First of all, this extension provides human-readable URL fragments for TYPO3 content elements:
Furthermore, the extension allows to set anchor links next to the header. An editor can activate these with a checkbox for individual content elements.
In fact, you can see both features in action on this very documentation page:
- Hover your mouse over a heading. A link symbol will appear. This is the anchor link.
- Click on this anchor. Your browser will jump to this section. A readable fragment will be added to the URL.
- Editors can set individual, human-readable fragment identifiers per content element.
- Editors can activate anchor links to headers per content element.
- Fallback: If no fragment is given, the default link is used in section menus.
- Evaluation #1: Only supported characters are stored. Special characters are replaced.
- Evaluation #2: All content elements on the same page will get a unique fragment identifier.
- Error prevention: By default, the fragments are prepended with the uid of the content element.
- Of course, the Fluid templates can be customized to your needs.
You can find more screenshots in the Editors Manual.