ke_search has multilingual support in a way that
- if one searches in a specific language, the results will only be shown for that language.
- filters can be translated and be shown in the respective language.
Indexing content in different languages¶
All available languages will be detected automatically and will be indexed.
Translating search result pages¶
On the search result page, insert the ke_search plugins in the translated page you just created. You can use the function “copy default content elements”. You can leave the configuration as it has been copied from your default language.
In order to use the multilingual feature for filters you’ll have to
- Create page translations
- Create alternative page languages for the storage folder where the index and filters are stored and for your search result page. You can do that with help of the page module by using the function “Create a new translation of this page”.
- Translate filters and filter options
- Now you can translate the filters and filteroptions to the new language.