TYPO3 Exception 1242292003¶
Below, the TYPO3 community may have provided additional information or solutions for this exception. However, these may or may not apply to your particular case. If you can provide more information, you should come back here and add your experience and solution steps to this issue once you have resolved it.
General TYPO3 troubleshooting tips can be found in the section “Troubleshooting” of the menu, and live support is available in the TYPO3 Slack channel #typo3-cms.
could not determine type of argument “section” of the render-method in ViewHelper “Tx_Fluid_ViewHelpers_RenderViewHelper”¶
This exception is thrown in extbase extensions if doc header is incorrect or if you use some PHP optimizer like eAccelerator because these optimizers remove the comments, extbase needs to determine the data type.
#1242292003: could not determine type of argument "section" of the render-method in ViewHelper "Tx_Fluid_ViewHelpers_RenderViewHelper". Either the methods docComment is invalid or some PHP optimizer strips off comments.
- check doc header, it must start with /** (two stars).
- attribute must be mentioned as @param type $variableName.
- alternatively use $this->registerArgument() in initializeArguments() method.
- compile eAccelerator with option “–with-eaccelerator-doc-comment-inclusion”: “If you want eAccelerator to retain doc-comments in internal php structures” (eAccelerator help)
- use another PHP optimizer. I use xCache on Debian Squeeze which seems to work fine.
- using the opcode cache of modern PHP versions, you can set opcache.save_comments=1 and opcache.load_comments=1.