Welcome to the official TYPO3 Documentation¶
TYPO3 CMS is an Open Source Enterprise Content Management System powered by PHP.
Getting Started with TYPO3¶
- Editors Tutorial explains the creation and management of pages and content.
- Form System Extension is a powerful tool that gives backend users the ability to create web forms.
- Localization Guide covers everything needed to add additional languages to a TYPO3 site, and how to translate content and pages.
- Minor Upgrades contains information on how to upgrade to a newer minor version of TYPO3.
- Major Upgrades details how to upgrade to a newer major release of TYPO3. 10.4 to 11.5 for example.
- Upgrading Extensions details how to upgrade extensions using Composer.
- Migrate A TYPO3 Installation To Composer Information on how to migrate a legacy installation of TYPO3 to a Composer based installation.
Contribute to the core
Contribute to official documentation
You are welcome to click on the “Edit on GitHub” button on any page to propose a change in the official documentation whenever you see something that you think can be improved.
- The blog post Start Improving Docs Now to Grow TYPO3 gives a good introduction to documentation contribution.
- Contribute to the TYPO3 documentation explains the workflow for contributing.
- The documentation is edited in text files using reStructuredText syntax. Use the reST & Sphinx cheat sheet to lookup most commonly used directives.
- General conventions can be found in Documentation content style guide
- How You Can Help lists some general tasks to get you started.