This documentation will be extended on a constant basis. If you have problems understanding a certain aspect, or if you notice something missing, contribute to improve it. This will help you and everyone else!
Get in touch with us:
- Find us on Slack and join the channel
- Use the “Edit me on Github” function.
What does it do? ¶
extension acts as a flexible, extendible, yet easy to use form
framework. It equally allows editors, integrators, and developers to build
all types of forms. For this task, different interfaces and techniques are
As a non-technical editor, you can use the “Forms” backend module. It allows you to create and manage your individual forms with the help of a nifty drag and drop interface. Your work can be previewed instantly.
As an experienced integrator, you are able to build ambitious forms which are stored directly in your site package. Those forms can utilize hefty finishers and ship localization files.
As a developer, you can use the PHP API to forge interfaces with conditional form elements, register new validators and finishers, as well as create custom form elements. Plenty of hooks allow you to manipulate the generation and processing of the both form and data.
Features List ¶
The following list names some features of the form framework:
- form editor
- fully customisable editor for building complex forms
- replaceable and extendible form editor components
- JS API to extend form editor
- PHP API
- entire forms via API
- own renderers for form and/ or form elements
- conditional steps, form elements and validators based on other form elements
- YAML as configuration and definition language including inheritances and overrides
- file based
- behaviour and design of the frontend, plugin, and form editor can be adapted on a per form basis
- ‘prototypes’ can be used as boilerplate
- form elements
- own form elements possible
- uploads handled as FAL objects
- ships a bunch of built-in finishers, like email, redirect, and save to database
- own finishers possible
- finisher configuration can be overridden within the form plugin
- own validators possible
- multiple language support
- multiple step support
- multiple forms on one page
- built-in spam protection (honeypot)