In order to speed up the development process, being able to get tester’s feedback faster and react on it, the implementation process is split into following phases. Those phases represent a rough roadmap and may be adapted during the development process.
- Composer installer for Content Blocks
- Validation of editing interface YAML
- Extend tt_content with a field content_block
- Use Flexforms and XML blob to store data
- or eventually and individual use of the FormEngine
- Generate TSConfig
- Generate TypoScript
This phase might be skipped. The decision depends on the research results for data storage.
- Use JSON blob instead of XML blob (FlexForm storage method driver)
Phase 2 may, if deemed vital, be done as part of phase 1. The necessary patch is nearly complete and can easily be adapted to, for example, writing a more condensed JSON blob.
- Refactor Flexforms to freely organize fields in the editing interface (new feature, ability to extract field definitions from a DS and render them as part of the “showitems” instruction from TCA)
Phase 3 also could be created right now as a feature request on forge.
- Based on investigation of performance, decide on a different storage strategy for the data that (according to phase 1) is stored as blobs based on FlexForm fields.
- FlexForm storage driver potentially allows EAV or flat table implementations (actual storage strategy is arbitrary)