This documentation is not using the current rendering mechanism and is probably outdated. The extension maintainer should switch to the new system. Details on how to use the rendering mechanism can be found here.
What does it do?¶
- wt_spamshield is a passive anti-spam extension for TYPO3 forms and works without annoying captchas.
- wt_spamshield can be integrated in the default TYPO3 mailform (old and new version), powermail 1.x and 2.x, comments, ve_guestbook, t3_blog, direct_mail_subscription, ke_userregister, pbsurvey and formhandler.
- wt_spamshield uses the following checks against spam (you can enable
or disable each check globally):
- Name check: Checks if last name == first name (easy but effective).
- Link check: You can configure how many links are allowed within a message.
- Unique check: Similar to the name check. All fields are checked for duplicate entries.
- Honeypot check: A non-visible input field is added to your form. If the field is filled the message is handled as spam.
- Session check: As soon as a form is generated a timestamp is stored in the session. Only if this timestamp is available during the submit process the database entry will follow.
- Time (session) check: You can define a time frame in which the submit process is not handled as spam (default: min. 10 sec, max. 10 min).
- Akismet check: Akismet is a reliable and powerful online check to determine if a message is spam.
- Blacklist: You can set up IP or email blacklists.
- If wt_spamshield detects spam a notification email can be send to the admin; maybe to check if everything works as expected. wt_spamshield can also log each spam detection in the database.
IMPORTANT: If you have ideas for extension improvements write an email and support fighting spam!