In the Web > Page module, on any page, click the “+ Content icon where you want to insert content.
This action displays the Create new content element window. The content elements that are available depends on the setup of your TYPO3 installation, and any extensions that may be installed.
Types of content elements¶
If you are working with the Introduction Package, you will see more content elements than described here. That’s because the Bootstrap Package comes with has several content elements of its own.
This page describes the TYPO3 Core content elements.
Typical page content¶
Insert regular text and image content types to build standard web pages.
Create a login form or a simple contact form.
Plugins are provided by extensions. Not all plugins are available on this tab. It depends on their architecture or on backend configuration. In some cases you insert the General Plugin content element, then go to the Plugin tab to select a specific plugin.
Insert plain HTML, or a horizontal divider on the page. The “Insert records” element lets you reference other content elements, so you can reuse content from another page without duplicating it.
Add new content to a page¶
- On a page, click the “+ Content icon where you want to insert content.
- On the Typical Page Content tab, choose the “Text & Media” element. This is the most commonly used content type. The Create new Page Content screen displays.
- In the Header field, type New content.
- In the Text area, type some content. This field uses a Rich Text Editor (RTE).
- Save and close the content element. You can see the newly added element on the page: