This documentation is not using the current rendering mechanism and is probably outdated. The extension maintainer should switch to the new system. Details on how to use the rendering mechanism can be found here.
Automated Installation (recommend)¶
To integrate piwikintegration into your TYPO3 installation follow these steps:
- Install the extension via TER, Matomo is not included!
- Also install and enable the EXT:piwik which is suggested, to get the trackingcode automatically.You do not need to configure EXT:piwik since it is already configured with the static template of EXT:piwikintegration (see below).Have a look in http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/piwik/current/ for setting up advanced options of EXT:piwik. You do not need to do this here.
- Enable the extension EXT:piwikintegration.
- Add the static template of EXT:piwikintegration (choose Web -> Template -> [page where you have your template] -> Info/Modify -> Edit whole template record -> Includes) This will enable a single idsite and add the needed ts-configuration for EXT:piwik, as described above.
- Open the statistik module (Web -> Statistics ) and click on the page,
or a subpage, where you added the static template:
- The backendmodule now recognizes, that Matomo is not installed (by checking, if the config file exists).
- The backendmodule will now download, extract and install the latest Matomo release into typo3conf/piwik. This could take a while.
- The backendmodule will now reload and you will now able to use Matomo via the Direct Statistics Access dropdown box.
- (If you like to use GeoIPDatabase use the admin functions of the module and download the database from maxmind.)[This function is currently not available.]
That's all you need to start tracking your visitors. See EXT:piwik manual for more config options and description of it's parameters.