This documentation is not using the current rendering mechanism and is probably outdated. The extension maintainer should switch to the new system. Details on how to use the rendering mechanism can be found here.
Types of recipient lists¶
There are five types of Recipient lists:
- From pages : a list dynamically built from records found on pages of the website; you select the pages with the Starting Point field; you may include records from subtrees using the Include page subtree checkbox; you must specify the types of records to select: Address, Website User, Website User Group and/or From custom-defined Table; if Website User Group is checked and a Website User Group is found, all Website Users members of the group will be included in the list; you may also restrict the selection of records to those with specific categories assignments;
- Plain list : a list of email addresses separated by space, comma or line break; if you change the List format , you may rather enter, one per line, a name and address, separated by a comma; sending Direct mail to such list will send only plain text email messages; moreover, only non-categorized content will be sent;
- Static list : a list of individually selected records; the type of record may be Address, Website User, and/or Website User Group; if a Website User Group is selected, all Website Users members of the group will be included in the list;
- Special query : a list dynamically built using a SQL query; after creating the list, you may specify the query against one of the tables: Address, Website User or Custom-defined Table; to do so, you must select the Recipient list function of the Direct Mail module and click on the title of the list;Note:- the custom-defined table must be configured in TYPO3 TCA-Array- if you're using a custom defined table, you table must have “name” and “email” fields.- TYPO3 SQL-Query Generator, which is used, currently doesn't support a nm- query from a mm-table.
- From other recipient lists : a list dynamically built from other recipient lists individually selected from the Recipient list table.
For more information on the individual fields found on the creation/editing form of recipient lists, please use the contextual help attached to each such field.