About this document¶
This document aims to describe the global array called
array describes the database tables that TYPO3 can operate on. It is a
very central element of the TYPO3 architecture.
Almost all code examples used in this manual come either from the TYPO3 source code itself or from the extension “examples”, which can be downloaded from the TER.
This document used to be a chapter inside TYPO3 Core APIs.
This version is updated for TYPO3 CMS 6.2. Here is a highlight of the main changes:
- there’s a new way to register wizards, which provides CSRF protection.
- it’s possible to add a filter to select-type fields.
- display conditions have now bit operators.
- take a deep look at the inline-type fields (IRRE) which received many new properties, mostly related to the development of FAL.
- the placeholder property (actually introduced in TYPO3 CMS 4.7, but missing from the documentation) has improved capabilities. It is available for input-type fields and text-type fields.
The original reference to the TCA was written by Kasper Skårhøj. This version has been updated by François Suter.
For general questions about the documentation get in touch by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you find a bug in this manual, please be so kind as to check the online version on https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TCAReference/. From there you can hit the “Edit me on GitHub” button in the top right corner and submit a pull request via GitHub. Alternatively you can just file an issue using the bug tracker: https://github.com/TYPO3-Documentation/TYPO3CMS-Reference-TCA/issues.
Maintaining high quality documentation requires time and effort and the TYPO3 Documentation Team always appreciates support. If you want to support us, please join the documentation mailing list/forum (http://forum.typo3.org/index.php/f/44/).