This documentation is not using the current rendering mechanism and will be deleted by December 31st, 2020. The extension maintainer should switch to the new system. Details on how to use the rendering mechanism can be found here.
Registration for an event is possible until the registration deadline. If the event has no such deadline, registration is possible until the start of the event.
When a logged-in front-end user registers for a seminar, the following happens:
- It is checked whether it still is possible to register for that seminar and the user still hasn’t registered for that seminar yet. Note: If you need to allow the same front-end user to register for the same event multiple times, you can allow this in the event record.
- The user can enter some information about their attendance, e.g., special interests, previous knowledge about the seminar subject, lodging or food preferences. This can be configured via plugin.tx_seminars_pi1.showRegistrationFields.
- In addition, the user can select a price, food options and other options. The total price then is calculated from the selected price and the number of seats.
- An attendance record is entered into the database (into the page configured via plugin.tx_seminars.attendancesPID or, if the first organizer for that event has a system folder for registrations configured, in that page), making the connection between this front- end user and the corresponding seminar. The statistics for that seminar are immediately updated in the back end and front end, preventing overbooked seminars.
- A thank-you e-mail is sent to the front-end user using the first organizer of that seminar record as From: address and that organizer’s e-mail footer. The thank-you e-mail also has a disclaimer if the event is planned and not confirmed yet. The disclaimer, says that the user will be informed if this event will be confirmed.
- A notification e-mail is sent to that seminar’s organizers (all of them, not just the first), using the attendee’s e-mail address as From: address.
- Additional notification e-mails are sent if the event reaches the minimum limit of registrations to be held, or if the event gets fully booked. These notifications go to all organizers of this event, the first organizer’s e-mail address is used as sender.These mails will only be sent, if they are activated in the TypoScript setup. By default, the mails will be sent.
- The user will be redirected to the thank-you page.
- The booked event will be visible on the “my events” page.
From the “my events” page the user has the possibility to unregister from an event. When a user unregisters the corresponding attendances record will be marked as hidden.
Displaying the seminar and registration statistics and details¶
Back-end module “Events”: The back-end module “Events” has four different tabs:
By clicking on a tab, you can access the according submodule. Each submodule shows a list of records of the according type on the currently selected page or sysfolder (e.g., the submodule “Events” shows a list of events).
It is possible to delete, to modify or to create new records within the back-end module if the back-end user has the rights to do this. He can also cancel or confirm an event and send an e-mail about this to the attendees.
CSV export: In the event list, you can also export the events on the current page or the list of registrations of an event as CSV.
CSV export of events¶
At the top in the event list in the back-end module Events , you’ll find a button named Export as CSV that will save the data of all events on the current page as CSV.
CSV export of registrations¶
In the event list in the back-end module Events , you’ll find a button named CSV that will save the data of the registrations for that particular event as CSV, also including data from the registered FE user. Please note that the CSV files contains the columns for the data from the registration records first and then data from the corresponding FE user record. The columns used for the export of registrations is determined by the two following configuration variables “ fieldsFromFeUserForCsv ” and “ fieldsFromAttendanceForCsv ” . If you want to export the registrations on the waiting queue, you have to set “ showAttendancesOnRegistrationQueueInCSV ” to true.
The CSV export can be configured via TS Setup in plugin.tx_seminars for the page where the event records are located. Please see the reference for details.
CSV export of registrations is only available if:
- the event has at least one registration, and
- the logged-in BE user has read access to the events table and the registrations table, and
- the logged-in BE user has read access to all pages where the registrations for that particular event are stored
Changing, deleting and entering registrations¶
You can edit, delete and enter registration records using W eb > Lists as well as the back-end module Events .
Unregistering from an event¶
Front-end users can unregister themselves from an event using the “my events” view if they are logged in and all of the following conditions are met:
- The event has an unregistration deadline set (or a global unregistration deadline has been set), and the deadline has not passed yet.
- There are registrations on the waiting list, or the extension is configured to allow unregistration even if the waiting list is empty.
You can also use this extension to record payments from participants for their seminar. If you have received a payment (be in in cash, bank transfer, credit card or whatever), edit the corresponding registration record and fill in the following fields:
- Has paid: Note that this field will go away soon. Instead, if someone has paid will be deducted by whether a payment date has been entered. So make sure to set a payment date for all attendances that have been paid.
- Date of payment (if this field is set, an attendance is considered as paid, so always enter the date when you enter a payment)
- Method of payment (optional, use it if you like to track this)
Tracking who has attended a seminar and who hasn’t¶
If you want to record who has attended a seminar and who hasn’t (e.g., for certificates), you can edit the corresponding registration record and fill in this field:
- Has attended